If you cannot find the answer to your question, please contact us.
- What are the requirements for thermo sense?
230V power supply, a mobile phone network and of course compost
- Is one SIM card required per probe??
No. The probes communicate wirelessly with a base station, which includes a modem with SIM chip as standard. You need a base station for up to 20 probes.
- How does it work with the tariff/roaming?
No commitment, no roaming costs. We do the roaming between network providers and in different countries. All you need to do is make sure that for the “thermo sense CLOUD” measurement system any mobile phone network is available in the immediate vicinity. Simple test: pull your mobile phone out of your pocket and see whether your provider Vodafone, Telekom or Telefónica has a good connection.
- What about the distance between the base station and the radio probe?
300m in the open field, 50m indoors
- What is the possible distance in relation to the distance between the base station and the probe?
Error-free data transmissions between a probe and a base station of up to 500m have already been achieved. Everything else makes no sense for this power-saving radio technology.
- Is it possible to use a repeater?
We originally thought about it, but finally rejected it.
Solution: Segmentation or division of the areas by several base stations.
- Can more than one temperature value be recorded in the documentation?
Yes, it is possible. With each measurement even 3 temperature values in the material are recorded automatically. The concept of the probe was deliberately chosen because ventilation is usually also from below. In addition, the head temperature, i.e. the ambient temperature outside of a rental, is automatically recorded with each measurement in order to be able to better assess the outside conditions.
- Are there any restrictions for countries outside Europe?
There are basically no restrictions for our product(s) outside the EU, except for the radio frequency of 868 MHz in South America, which is already reserved there and which is considered prohibited for new products.
– For Colombia, Brazil and Chile, we have solved the problem in such a way that our probes then transmit the measurement data on a different radio frequency (433 MHz).
- How is the commissioning handled?
For this you will receive a small manual, whereby the degree of difficulty is similar to the commissioning of a flashlight:
unscrew the battery cover –> insert the battery –> screw down the battery cover.
- Does someone come by and install the system or put it into operation and train to use it?
We follow a 3-step service with our product:
– The added value of the measuring system is that the probes and accessories can be put into operation by almost anyone.
– We are happy to support or accompany you by telephone.
– Should there ever actually be a problem, we can connect directly to your base station and investigate the cause.
- How can I place an order?
The order can be placed at any time by phone or e-mail. You will receive immediate feedback if we have any queries or confirm your order at your earliest convenience.